View Single Post
Old 09-18-08, 08:51 AM   #9
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

I must admit my interest of this game is growing again. Hopefully the devs will soon issue a statement about DRM issues and support. No matter how much this game interests me I will never invest money into crippleware, especially if the developer lacks the resources to offer support.

See here what I mean before you reach for your wallet: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75977

However, the 70$ price tag doesnt bother me. Games of this type have become so rare that you must really ask yourself why one should not spend the extra 20-30 $ for uncompromising historical accuracy and realism. I would gladly spend twice as much for a lot of other titles to get more realism. Otherwise you have a lot of arcade games to choose from.

Here I quote some sort of official/unofficial statement that SES will stick with the DRM system from DG, but that there might be changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead
As I stated above, SES's protection system causes more grief than it should. It's in the interests of both SES and customers to ameliorate the problems it causes. As such, I'd love to hear suggestions about improving the system.

But at the same time, it's not going away. That horse has been dead so long it's fossilized. SES's commitment to the DRM system been stated so many times, dating back to before DG was even released and long before I worked for SES, that I feel completely justified these days in regarding such posts as trolling. Especially when, as is usually the case, such posts are presented as flames, ultimatums, rants, etc. And even more so when the poster is somebody who's never been here before, despite the game's age (ever hear of the SEARCH function?), or who only shows up here periodically to deliver invective about the protection system.
What I find particularly interesting are the parts about how posts concerning removal of DRM problems are considered trolling. That's exactly the kind of attitude that makes me not want to give them even a cent.

Last edited by GlobalExplorer; 09-18-08 at 09:12 AM.
GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote