Old 11-25-21, 12:07 PM   #327
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

1 August 1942
Enemy departs Lahaina under cover of night

Thailand
More enemy bombers hitting my troops meant to take Bangkok. I'm starting to worry I've compromised any chance of success here by not retaking Tavoy first.

Sumatra
The two heavy cruisers came back to shell Palembang. I had attack aircraft with naval attack orders, but the enemy got beyond my range restriction (to prevent my aircraft from trying to attack a bastion with dozens of fighters) before the flight could be launched.

Hawaii
My bombers hit Lahaina and Hilo with minimal resistance. There were a few Zeroes at Hilo, resulting in the loss of 2 B-26s. There were no transports left at either base, apparently they took off overnight and didn't even have the courtesy to wave goodbye to the many subs that were waiting for them. As a consolation prize, the submarine I-124 was docked at Lahaina for repairs and got bukaked by the B-17s overhead for a confirmed kill.

Bay of Bengal
Paratroopers are seizing the Andaman Islands that don't have British forces guarding them (the only island guarded is Port Blair).

Catalinas picked up the retreating Hiyo CVBG just beyond my CVBG's strike range. It's going to get away. Maybe my goalkeeper sub off Hong Kong will get a shot at it in a week when it limps in.

Reinforcements and Repairs
DD Laffey beginning refit in shipyard at San Francisco
SS Porpoise begins refit while under repair at Singapore (external torpedo tubes)
SC-704 arrives at Eastern USA
AM Tui arrives at Auckland
XXXIII Indian Corps arrives at Madras (corps HQ, unrestricted)

The Bristol class destroyers are now due for a major upgrade--40mm Bofors guns and additional K-guns to throw depth charges. After this, their AA capability will be close to what some heavy cruisers were at the start of the war. Most of this class are currently with my carriers, swapping them out to get their upgrades will be a high priority.