Old 11-17-21, 10:01 AM   #318
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

22 July 1942
KB charges at Pearl, but doesn't attack...Land Battle of Oahu ends

CENTPAC
S-47 approached Johnston Island to attack the concentration of merchant shipping there. It torpedoed and sank an AKL. The Pollack was next, attacking another AKL on the surface, hitting it with one or two dud Mk14s but causing major fires with deck gun hits. S-47 got in on that action too, putting two torpedoes into the likely-doomed ship.

West of Oahu, the Flying Fish encountered the large destroyer formation spotted at Johnston a few days ago. It took light damage from a pair of near-misses.

The KB looks like it's going to Lahaina instead of Pearl. Covering an evacuation? It was so close we lost 1 PBY and 5 Kingfishers to the CAP. It didn't attack, with aircraft or with its battleships. And we lost track of it. Obviously, it's still close, though. It may be trying to locate any ships I had heading to Pearl and stopped on the northeast side of the island chain, so I'm backing those guys off even more.

The land battle of Oahu has ended at last, the blood of the last soldiers of the 2nd Division wiping out their foul footstep's pollution.

China
The battle in the air over Chengchow claimed 4 Oscars and 2 P-43s.

Singapore and Sumatra
Palembang was able to provide one British squadron with Hurricane replacements. The Mohawk squadron and New Zealand squadron are worn down and probably aren't coming back, so those Hurricanes plus a beaten down Aussie P-40 squadron are all that's left for both bases.

Singapore sweeps cost 1 each: Hurricane, Zero, Oscar. 6 Oscars assigned to strafing attacks were also downed by AA.
Damage to both bases is failing to outpace repairs.

Reinforcements
AMc Hinau arrives at Auckland
YMS-120 arrives at Los Angeles
VS-5 arrives at San Francisco (Yorktown's former scout squadron reformed; we don't have enough planes to outfit it yet)
No.205 Sqn RAF arrives at Koggala (Catalinas, we don't have qualified pilots for them so this has to be a training squadron)
I US Corps arrives at March Field (Corps HQ unit, unrestricted, full strength)