View Single Post
Old 11-04-16, 11:56 PM   #6
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

that i am. although it seems you can just get all of them online easily now on the various sites and even play them in a browser, i really dont like that experience, it doesnt capture the nostalgia nor the immersion.

i like the old boxes and the manuals and even figuring out how to install them from the floppy disks.

I would like to find 3.5 inch floppy versions of Silent Service 1,Up Persicope and Gato but i dont think these exist, i think they were all only 5.25.

i get as much fun out of the classic ones as i do out of newer games like SH3/5 etc

Classic sub and class naval dos games are what i am greatly enjoying atm . i just got Action Stations recently, it is surprisingly easy to play despite all the detailed elements of it, it models some unique possibilities such as if someone at the controls gets hit by debris and slumps on the wheel and causes a ship to veer in an unexpected direction

so yeah, i think the old games are extremely fun and what they lack in graphics they make up for with depth of gameplay
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote