View Single Post
Old 09-16-16, 11:31 AM   #1514
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default "God doesn't throw dice!" He's got centurians 4 that!

1953: the movie The Robe opens; and is notable for being the first film released in the widescreen process CinemaScope! marked the beginning of the modern anamorphic format in both principal photography and movie projection.
The anamorphic lenses theoretically allowed the process to create an image of up to a 2.66:1 aspect ratio, almost twice as wide as the previously common Academy format's 1.37:1 ratio. YOWZA! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CinemaScope Roamin' around just looks better in big format on the big screen: (I swear I'm hearing the Star Wars theme music here) An overlooked 'tale of the Christ'; right up there with Ben Hur imho: Author Lloyd Douglas had said that he wrote the novel The Robe to answer this question through fiction: What happened to the Roman soldier who won Jesus' robe through a dice game?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote