Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Rising sea levels?

I honour the silliness of this ^ with this reply:

Comparisons only make sense when comparing what is comparable and intermitting variables get systematically deleted. Else you end up with comparing apples with oranges.

In New Orleans they have significantly raised the height of the floodgates and dikes. Same they do in parts of Europe'S atlantic coast, especially the Netherlands. I wonder why.

The fact of a warming and rasing sea levels is not to be denied. My quarrel is with a.) the total values and the timetables given, b.) the belief that the planetary climate can be tackled so easily like they imply with the actionism of today, c.) the weighing of natural versus man-made causes for climate chnage, d.) the abuse of climate change arguments and claims for implementing massive wealth redistributions schemes across the globe and derstroyiong capitalism and market economy, and e.) that said actionism costs the resources that imo would be better invested in learning and implementing adaptation to life in a warmer world and with higher sea levels along coastline areas. I thus disagree with the consequences they conclude on, not so much with the phenomenon of global warming itself. Everybody talks about preventing climate change. I talk about adaptation to it.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-26-19 at 06:39 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote