View Single Post
Old 11-09-18, 01:38 PM   #6720
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
There hasn't been a Ubisoft Silent Hunter "Developer" on the SubSim Forum pages for years!!

I meant the modders, ("developers") of FOTRSU. The SH4 "Gurus" who know all there is to know, heheheh..... BTW, you are all doing an incredible job!

I understand about the "base" time issues. I know that when you travel east - west and cross "time" zones, the astronomical simulation changes. There should be a time difference between Tokyo and Pearl Harbor.
I didn't think that when traveling north - south there would be such a drastic difference when playing at 1x and virtually no difference at all when playing at time compression. I suppose the game was never intended to be played at 1x except when under attack or making an attack.

When I play at 1x and arrive at the Bismarck Sea from Brisbane, there is a several hour difference in the in-game clock sunset - sunrise from when I left Brisbane.
When I play at time compression speeds, there is very little difference in the in-game clock sunset - sunrise from when I left Brisbane. I take into consideration the (supposed) difference in the length of days the further south or north of the equator for any given calendar date.

Oh well, I was hoping someone could explain why there is such a difference at 1x and virtually no difference during time compression.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".

Last edited by Front Runner; 11-11-18 at 08:36 AM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote