View Single Post
Old 01-21-13, 06:40 PM   #12
Alfamemnon
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

If the mod developer reads these posts, I have even more suggestions for a possible 4.0:

When I was just outside Kiel, I got alerts for ships. I manned the guns and gave permission to fire. It did not occur to me my crew could open fire at FRIENDLIES. I was happy thinking I had sunk an Elco Torpedo Boat and two British, French or Polish destroyers. When I returned to Kiel, I was notified I had sunk two German destroyers and an S-boot (aka E-boat) with horrendous renown loss. Friendly fire incidents like this could never have happened in vanilla.

1) Make the crewmembers much less trigger happy!!! (or did I do something wrong while installing the mod?)

2) Whenever you have a commerce raider, make it so that they cover their guns and hoist a Spanish or Turkish etc etc flag whenever nobody is manning AA or deck guns. That should mean Allied ships would see you as a neutral merchant marine ship and would not molest you.

3) Make just one mod where every uboat is replaced by some surface vessel making it possible to experience the joy of advancing in campaign game from a pathetic minesweeper or S-boot to a Bismarck class battleship. Somehow like this: S-boot, minesweeper, Z-destroyer, commerce raider, some light cruiser, Hipper class heavy cruiser, Scarnhorst class battlecruiser, Bismarck class Battleship (feel free to add any ship to this list. You get my basic idea). The bigger the ship, the more renown purchasing it would cost and every ship would have equipment separately installable in base before mission such as bigger guns, better radar etc. Leave out Zeppelin class carrier because aircraft carriers cannot launch planes in the game anyway so they are just a target for everyone.

4) Make hydrophones able to work even on the surface. It would be realistic: Prinz Eugens hydrophone gave that cruiser and the accompanying battleship Bismarck an early warning they were being shadowed by Prince of Wales and Hood and even a hint what direction sould their bridge watchmen concentrate on.

5) Implement a crows nest (still in use at least during WW2, not just medieval times) and make one of the bridge watchmen climb there. He sould spot things from an extended range.

6) Make enemy ships AI behave towards you according to what kind of ship you have instead of always thinking you have an uboat. For example, if you face an enemy destroyer with a pocket battleship, the enemy would either try to get away at maximum speed or make a heroic attempt to get to range and good position to launch torpedoes (this should be dangerous even to battleships)

7) Make enemy planes deal with you as a surface ship. Where you would in vanilla get Sunderlands and Catalinas with depth charges, you should get Swordfishes and Avengers with torpedoes and Skuas with bombs instead. This should be a significant threat to any surface ship especially at the end of the war. For this reason decent AA equipment would not be a waste of renown.
Alfamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote