Navy Dude

Downloads: 448
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crannogman View Post

Hey NBJackson
It's Nbjackso, but not a big deal

Quote:
What's the deal with the "restricted area" around the Spratly's? Will the PLA attack me if I get too close?
If you sail through the restricted area and transmit a radio message, you will be charged with disobeying a direct order. If/when you return to port, you will be demoted, loose command of your submarine and be transfered to a desk job in Washington DC. The mod will then hack into the registry files on your computer, making your copy of SH4 unusable for 90 days.

- - - ACTUALLY, nothing will happen. I saw this on an image of an actual navigation map, and I wanted to recreate it. I think the "REAL" reason this area was restricted was due to the numerous uncharted shallow reefs and shoals that made it very dangerous to sail through.

Quote:
I really enjoy how you adjusted the Truk reefs. How did you change the depth, and how onerous would it be to go through and reconstruct the other atolls in the Pacific?
I didn't change any depths. Mostly, I combined several great mods of other modders work, (giving them full credit). My major contribution was; A) Changing the terrain detail on the Nav map. B) Adding/combining labels, (names) on the map. C) Cleaning up the map so the names wouldn't overlap at certain zoom levels. I spent quite a bit of effort documenting and explaining my efforts in the readme files included with the mods.

Just get me within 1000 yards,
and I'll d
o the rest
Nbjackso is offline   Reply With Quote