View Single Post
Old 02-26-23, 05:44 PM   #2
Hooston
Soundman

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default Reality is really difficult

i get your point, but NYGM is supposed to be difficult. I don't see how a recognition manual could be used efficiently at night on a surfaced u-boat (although maybe someone will "enlighten" me). Try GWX or LSH or a different GUI for an easier life.

I'm discovering that in real life establishing an accurate range and speed was very difficult and attack procedures were designed to get round that. Things could be estimated "by eye" in real life much easier than in game, but nowhere near as accurately as the game watch officer can do it.
In particular getting speed, range and angle on the bow from the map distance travelled in 3 minutes 15 seconds is just not realistic.

Take a look at Tonci87's recent playthrough to see how it was really done.
The exact ship draughts in the manual (laden or unladen?) and the need to set magnetic torpedo running depths so accurately cannot be right either.

As a work-around it might be better for you to have a printout of the recognition manual so you can whizz through it without all the click click. I'm sure there's a copy on this forum somewhere.
Hooston is offline   Reply With Quote