View Single Post
Old 04-16-20, 08:19 PM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

OK, I thought I was done with this thread but I wanted to check out the kit some more and found this:

https://redstarhobbies.com/

I'm not plugging Red Star (aside from them being located in one of the towns where I grew up ), I haven't ordered anything from them (yet).
However, if you're a modeler with a bunch of spare time on your hands, click that link and settle back for a browsing/shopping marathon.

Red Star specializes in odd-ball Russian/ Eastern European model kits and kits of Russian models. Their selection tends to specialize in ARMOR, AIRCRAFT, SHIPS and FIGURES. These are the "unobtainium" kits you hear about at model shows or read about on modelling forums. Ever wanted to build a 1/72 scale Learjet 60? They have it (look under "A Model").
Those mythical Special Hobby kits Phil gushes about on Youtube? They're in stock. How about a 1/48th scale Mig 25 with the camera nose? Yep, its there. How about something really different, a "no nose" very early version of a C-130A Hercules? There are three that I found on the site. How about Eduard detail sets and photo-etch that aren't on a constant back-order?

Prices aren't too bad considering the odd ball nature of these kits. I'm going to order the Delta IV from these folks (this month?) once they get it in stock.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote