View Single Post
Old 06-05-20, 10:47 AM   #502
HK_01
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
how high on the Time Compression (TC) scale do you go?
anything higher than 1024 will definitely mess with the solar day.
it is an unexpected feature of Ubi's design of SH4. what can i say?
I definitely went higher than that during my first patrol, but the day night cycle was still accurate upon ending the patrol and remains accurate in the second patrol until I load a save. So, in theory, if I went through the entire second patrol in one sitting it would presumably not be an issue, but I don't usually play that long uninterrupted. Is there any possibility that the game somehow applies either the time or the day/night cycle as it would be in Hawaii (or another place in the Pacific theater) upon loading a save? The time difference would roughly fit and knowing nothing about how the game actually works beneath the surface, that intuitively would make sense to me as to why it just suddenly inverts day and night.

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I turned on VSync (had it off because my 5700 XT didn't play nice with VSync in some titles) and the issue seems to be gone. Thanks for posting the link to that Base Time post, otherwise I probably wouldn't have considered that as a solution!

Edit 2: Never mind again. After a while of normal playing, the issue is back. It also wipes my map markings and plotted course btw. I guess maybe restarting the computer helps. I'll get back to you guys if I figure out more.

Edit 3: Restarts seem to do nothing. I am extremely confused now.

Edit 4: So restarting the game if the save breaks seems to fix it most of the time. Guess I can play like this.

Last edited by HK_01; 06-05-20 at 03:04 PM.
HK_01 is offline   Reply With Quote