View Single Post
Old 05-24-20, 07:28 AM   #47
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I thought I start updates in loose sequence about the state of things with VR games, those titles that I know and that I think work reamrkably well. I do so by trying to find videos that by their format allow assessment of what to expect and whether VR compromises or enahces gameplay. Needless to say: its always the latter.

Starting with Eleven Table Tennis, I posted it yesterday in another thread and was off topic with it, so I put it here, for the sake of completeness.
The game has just seen a long-standing Beta now being turned into the new mandatory standard for everybody, with new physics, imo even better realism (would not have thought that possible), and a need to get used to a few new adaptations to resetting options. They plan more changes and new things to come, amongst them a nice new match arena. Eleven for me still is one of the best exmaples of how unbelievably well VR can work if matched with the right software projects. Allows SP and MP. Different to court tennis, table tennis allows you realostic runni8g movements in VR since you do noit nee a whole centreeocurt in your living room. That is why table tennis in VR stresses me physically almost identically to playing it in reality, I really jumpo and run a lot, do not just stand and return balls. But then, I am no good table tennis player at all, and never was. AI can now be set on a percentage scale, from boring to flak-firing challenger beast. Weaknessyes in physics model of the predecessing version, which most players did not notice anyway, have been left behind now.

Superb, excellent simulation.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-24-20 at 07:48 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote