View Single Post
Old 07-02-12, 01:43 PM   #6
marioh99
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

i decided to try again, new patrol, same basic premise as the patrol that crashed (except i saved constantly this time).

i would goto my patrol area, complete the 24 hours in the area, and then make my way to the area to the west of the strait of gibralter, and sure enough, corrupt save issue again (load of save gets to "not so long ago" screen, and after an extended wait, CTD).

i backtracked and found a working save, right at the northern edge of CG89. my preplanned route was NNE from there, and my next save would've been in the next grid (CG86). since there was an extended time between the working save and the next save which was corrupted, that's usually indicative that i ran into, and sank an enemy merchant. there's something about that area which i believe has an issue with enemy ships being sunk as none of my subsequent saves in that area worked (over 20 saves). i had not exited the game during any of those subsequent saves, and had sunk multiple enemy ships in that time, so perhaps that may also be the issue.

i've not had any corrupted saves anywhere else, so i'm leaning towards an issue with that particular area. i guess i'll have to stay west of the CG86 grid area if i want to hunt ships coming and going thru the strait, or save, exit the game, and then verify that the save works every time i save when in that area.
marioh99 is offline   Reply With Quote