View Single Post
Old 11-13-20, 03:32 PM   #7
rfxcasey
Bosun

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Well, good news and bad news. Overall good news though, I got the FOV working but not through the script. I started Silent Hunter 5 and loaded my save game so I'm standing on the bridge of the sub. Then I alt tab out of the game and I loaded Cheat Engine with no script. I clicked on 'select process to open', found SH5.exe, selected it and then clicked open. Next under the scan settings on the right I set the 'value type' to 'Array of byte'. Then under 'value' I ticked the 'Hex' checkbox and pasted in under 'value' '5C420000AA420000003F0000C03F00'. Next I clicked 'New Scan' and 2 results came up on the left, address '30034C3E' and address '3048BCB6' both of which had values of '5C420000AA420000003F0000C03F00'. So I right clicked on them, one at a time, and changed the first 2 bytes of both to '40 43' from their original value of '5C 42'.

Alt tabbed back into the game and like magic, the FOV is perfect, no stretching at all and all the button clicks line up with the buttons. It's BEAUTIFUL! Ah, I'm so happy I could kiss you guys.

Only remaining issue is why the script isn't working. I'm no programmer so I'll need some help probably. I don't understand the code enough to know how to fix it. I can play now with the proper FOV but a automating everything, the script launching and the game starting, under one icon would be really great.
rfxcasey is offline   Reply With Quote