View Single Post
Old 08-29-16, 08:55 AM   #13
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
The only reason I never went into Linux and for instance Ubuntu was that it takes way too much work for what I want with a computer.

Upgrading and adding programs to me was so damn difficult that I got rid of it quite quickly.

Not that I like Microsoft at all, but well. I prefer ease over hassle. Even though Microsoft does give people a lot of hassle. And since I am a trial and error guy I messed up a lot of versions of Windows. HAHAHAHAHA.
Holy crap Ashikaga! It's a hassle to start up your machine, Update starts automatically, says "you have xx operating system updates and xx program updates" and you have a proceed button. When you push it, not only the operating sytem BUT EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM ON YOUR MACHINE is updated in the background while you proceed with whatever you want to do. Where's the "hassle?" Finding the freaking proceed button?

Adding programs. You have a single repository where just about every Linux program is vetted, certified virus free and completely updated. Start up one of many package managers, my favorite is Synaptic Package Manager, and you can find anything from the same place. And you are not restricted to repositories. If you want to download programs the risky Windows way by going to a website you are able to do that too.

If it's too much work to find a proceed button I suggest you use a cell phone. Oh yeah, Android is a derivative of Linux.

I picked up Linux by trial and terror too. It's great. Windows copied just enough from Linux that its operating system barely works in a kind of warped and perverted way. But the pure experience is way ahead of Windows.

Especially the easy way that Linux updates both operating system and every program on your machine with a single button push ("too much hassle!!!") is so far ahead of Windows that statements about too much hassle are ludicrous.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote