View Single Post
Old 04-22-24, 01:46 PM   #2
Fidd
XO

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Sound balance is a particularly weak area of the UI, especially, but not limited to the engine room. Personally, I think it would be really really useful for the devs to provide a list of which sounds are "effects" and which come under the global "master volume". In my view the diesel room in particularly needs the ability to set individual sounds independently of the other two sliders, covering DC's, diesel engine, telephone ringers and the EOT bells. Additionally, they need to add the missing alarm-bell repeaters in both the diesel room, and the e-motor room.

The sound for DC's in the area of your own sub is especially anaemic, and I've never found a way to render it as the appalling crash it should be. Likewise "3rd party" dc sounds are completely inaudible in the hull, when they should be broadly speaking, as loud as torpedo detonations, or nearly so, I estimate. Another really weak area of the sound is the sound of all the engines and propellers of the convoy, accounts of which clearly state that the general noise of which even at several km range, was readily audible in the hull. Likewise sinking ships should have considerable sound consequent from bulkheads failing.

I'm hoping that when the devs finish the current networking redesign, that they'll do something about all this, as sound is such a vital aspect of the game, or should be, and the current implementation is fairly lamentable.
Fidd is online   Reply With Quote