View Single Post
Old 05-28-20, 12:44 PM   #10
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
An outsider should not point fingers at another countries law and enforcement.

When it comes to give ideas then I think it may be ok.

The idea I give is from Sweden.

1. Since many, many years back and since some incident an upcoming police cadet have to go through a psychological test of some sort.
(from the Swedish news around 10 years after this had been implement, showed that 2-3 out of 20 interested have been classified as not suitable for the job)

2. Today a Swedish police has a number on his shirt/jacket.
In case a police should be to harsh and a civilian want to complain.
S/He can then use this number and the Internal affairs know who's the police office behind the mask.(The civilians don't)

Markus
I'm not so sure on this Markus. Your being from a country other than the U.S may give you a unique perspective and allow you to do a comparison and contrast with law enforcement in your own country.

Derek Chauvin, Thomas Lane, Tou Thao and J. Alexander Kueng were fired while Chauvin was the one identified who for lack of a better word, executed an unarmed and restrained, George Floyd.

Chauvin has an extensive record of complaints against him in his role of a police officer. Chauvin was never disciplined which is indicative of the culture of the police department in Minneapolis. The Internal Affairs apparently never acted on the complaints inside it's own department or considered the complaints to have any merit.

It's been said that George Floyd may have tried to pass a counterfeit $ 20 dollar bill. This may be true but did Floyd print it ? Did Floyd unknowingly pass on a bill that he himself got and didn't know was counterfeit or is that a cover story that the Minneapolis Police used to cover their bases. If there was probable cause, then the proper remedial action would be to arrest and charge Floyd and allow Floyd his day in court to stand trial. The officers acted as judge, jury and executioner.

The official report is that Floyd died of a " medical condition ". I never heard of a videotaped execution called a " medical condition." I would say be being force-ably asphyxiated as shown in the video constitutes first degree murder and charges are warranted.

The lack of compassion shown by Chauvin and the time it took for him to die shows premeditation. This makes the job by decent law enforcement officers more difficult as there is a loss of trust. Further, This horrible incident subjects honest and decent Law enforcement officers to retaliation.

I just wonder how we manufacture people who have so little regard for life as to get a thrill from killing another person.

^ You hit the nail on the head, Platapus.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 05-29-20 at 07:39 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote