View Single Post
Old 10-07-19, 06:17 AM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel B. View Post
I feel very bad for the family and I certainly understand their desire for justice. But, nothing will bring the deceased back. Would putting this woman in jail for one or two years (which I feel is much too short a sentence for vehicular homicide or even manslaughter) make the family feel any better? Maybe a little. I don't know. It sounds callous to say it - but that almost doesn't even seem worth the trouble.

I think if I were in their place I would want this woman locked away for a very, very long time. Would that make me feel any better? Again, I don't know. And it's not something I ever wish to find out. This is just very sad.
Its about the rule of law.

And as somebody who has been on the receiving end of such an incident (my fiance was killed by a drunk driver and got away with a ridiculous joke of an alibi penalty, he later drove drunk again and caused another crash with injured people; then, my mum had her pregnant sister and her newly wed husband wiped out out by another drunk ghost driver on the Autobahn, and he too got away extremely cheaply), I can tell you that at least functioning laws and court procedure help victims to avoid being hit a second time by the law cheating on them. You cannot imagine the shattered sense for justice and lost trust in the law with events like this not beign sanctioned according to the valid rules.This woman has bypassed the rules, she avoids the rules, she escapes from her share of respjnsiblity in the event. And this is bitter for the family whose life she has destroyed.

Not it does not brign back the dead. But it can help to sooth the soul a little bit. Just a little bit.

Myself, its roughly three deacdes ago. I have never forgiven the court, and I never will. The loss I have have gotten over, somehow, life moved on, but I stayed single. The disgust and rage for the judge who set the offender free for just a symbolic penalty and in "good hope", only to see the scumbag doing the same stunt again and again causing calamity - this skunk I will never stop to hate. And the murderer (I call it that, I hold people accoutnbale for how much they drink and not liockign away their car keys before they start) is better never left alone with me in one room.

This American woman must be brought to a British court or police investigation or whatever the British law commands. Not the American law - the British law is what counts here. Not for revenge. Not for retaliation. But because the law demands it. And decorum expects it.