View Single Post
Old 01-27-09, 10:41 PM   #98
captcav
Loader

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default Aegis Launch

Hey all,

I've been modding around and have figured out a way to manipulate the existing FFG weapons control (and radar) panel to simulate an aegis launch. On the Perry FFG weapons control screen where it indicates incoming missiles or airbone & sea bound weapons or vessels, by assigning additional digital trackers and some light manipulation with my mouse i can select up to 16 incoming missiles just by clicking on them, this puts the contacts in brackets just like selecting a single track, then to prep for fire click on assign.

Obviously this could be worked differently for the dev's in RA, but with a say, Tico assigning 16 radar contacts will effectively allow a 16 run launch of SAM's to intercept. I find this easy as it's one control screen to operate what on a real ship is manned by 30 personnel.

I'm also working this from the radar platform too, this will automatically list all selected radar tracks in the weapons console, simply click on the first contact eg [0001] and shift+arrow down to [0016] and assign.

Problem is, I dont have a Ageis cruiser or DDG to test this one, the Mk13 just will not allow me to develop it, even the Udaloy in the current RA is insufficient as it's just a perry in sheeps clothing.

Captcav
captcav is offline   Reply With Quote