View Single Post
Old 11-22-20, 08:10 AM   #9
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0

The mission continued and had not yet reached the hot zone of the conflict, when a dot on the map turned out to be Wake Island. In 1942 the Japanese would surely be there, because also the icon of the friendly anchor was not there. A radar contact (strange if this Salmon doesn't have radar) warned me that there was a contact. I was sailing on the surface with the artillerymen at their posts, and there I was able to verify that the artillery works automatically, the boys shot down a Zero. But another one appeared and I had to dive because he threw two charges at me and I was damaged. Impressive how the deck was near the cannon, but the pressure hull was not affected. So I got to Wake submerged, I entered the bay and I sank everything they had: 4 merchants, 1 oil tanker and even a large tugboat. There was a grotesque spectacle of devastation, since in shallow waters the ships were partially under water. A destroyer appeared and did not venture into the bay, and kept circling, no doubt waiting for me to come out to the open sea. I did so and luckily I was in deep water right away, the destroyer approached me but two stern torpedoes dissuaded it from keeping distance. It didn't have ringing, so I managed to sneak away. I decided to take a break and save the game, when I returned with the intention of making a capture of the deck damage ... they had disappeared !!! Of course, all this time the rain of water in the control room remained unchanged, we had even thought about naming it.
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote