Old 03-21-07, 03:40 AM   #12
highkoo
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Staumeier
Hi there!

I'm having abysmal performance on my rig, in spite of it being par or above the recommended settings. I have choppy gameplay (periodic skips with about 1-1½ seconds apart) and very low framerate.

Machine:
P4 3,2 GHz Dual Core
2048 Mb RAM DDR2 4200
GeForce 6800 GTS 256 Mb
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

I've tried running on max setting where it's completely unplayable and minimum where it's just not amusing at all. The skips never go away, regardless of resolution or graphic settings, but the framerates improve marginally when changing them. Any ideas? I'm at work right now, but I have one final thing to test and that's a clean reboot. Didn't do that.
Ok sounds like you may need to check your Nvidia Drivers settings first off then we can go from there. Check your task bar on the lower right hand of the screen for an Nvidia icon, click on it and ensure that both AA/AF (Antialiasing/Anisotropic) are set to App controll.
Did you install to the default loc?
Have you done a Virus/spyware check lately?
What Rezolution are you trying to run?
Have you installed the latest drivers for your 6800 GTS?
Do you have the latest version of Direct X?
Do you have the latest viersion drivers for your sound card?
Do you need to Defrag your hard-drive?
Also what kind of hard-drive do you have?

There are many other things we can go over depending on the results from the above, let me know if theres anything you dont understand

Also so you know, we should be able to get you running pretty well with your current system so no worries ill do my best to walk you through it.
highkoo is offline   Reply With Quote