View Single Post
Old 05-28-11, 07:45 PM   #46
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster View Post
When you mount the PSU at the bottom, there is an air intake in the bottom. So fan will point downwards.
Okay, so you do mount the PSU upside down, with the intake fan at the bottom. So it draws air in through the bottom vent on the case and pushes air out the back. So if it's radiating enough heat upwards into the case to overheat a GPU, it's... what? Not enough air flow above the case through the rest of the interior? Granted I've only seen one person mention that as an issue, seems like it wouldn't be a preferred configuration if that was a prevalent problem.

Quote:
The good thing about horizontal fans, like the original one, is that they not only cool the cpu, but also the surroundings.
If you replace it with that Corsair, you may find your MB being a lot hotter. Had a friend visiting the other day with that combo - he found he needed to run without side on the case to keep things stable. Problem solved by adding a side fan...
That would be the plan if I went that route, just put a standard fan over the side vent to make up for the one that gets replaced by the Corsair thingy. But I don't know if I want to do that anyway, the cases I'm looking at have plenty of fan slots to create air flow.

Quote:
Go full-scale water!
Too messy. And absolutely no room for any kind of external fixtures.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote