Old 04-12-22, 07:20 AM   #79
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
August 1943.

The USS Paddle (Gato class) just left a buddy (commando) in Okinawa in the early morning hours.

And then SUBPAC decided to send me to check a harbour and take picturesque photos of it, north of Bungo Strait...

lol I would have a err "radio failure" , noted in ships log to show we never received such (moronic, unrealistic) orders. I really would just go hunt ships in Area 7instead, stay out of the straits, possible mines and all. You'll get way more renown for sinking ships. Fortunately, in soon to be released V2.0, such silly photo orders will be gone.

Funny you post about this, I am in final stages of work for next mod release, mostly tested. I've eliminated those ridiculous photo missions as well as the special missions as mentioned. Now, photo missions now are to photograph invasion beaches before hand or to photograph during/after bombardments by friendly warships for damage assessments. A few coastal ports can be photographed if possible. Many are based on real photo missions US subs conducted during the war.

Currently I am adding the new patrol objectives into campaign...namely lifeguard assignments for late war(complete overhauled, not boring/ unrealistic as in stock , TMO eliminated them all together previously, but were such a big part of sub operations in 1944/1945, had to add them. In testing they have been fun/exciting.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote