View Single Post
Old 04-03-22, 05:19 PM   #69
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy-rai View Post
To be sure, I'll be trying out TMO before too long. Friendly-fire feature is something I'm definitely interested in checking out. I'm playing SH4 using the FOTRS mod and submods - in my opinion a pretty sweet package.

FOTRS is excellent, can't go wrong with it

Lol Friendly Fire is definitely a interesting element. I've been bombed by a few "friendly planes". Lost a 14 patrol career in November 1944 to a Butler Class DE off Morotai, hedgehogs and Allied sonar vs a old Narwhal Class , not much of a chance lol.

My fault though, I was close to Mios Woendi to end a long patrol and ASSUMED the contact was a friendly DE given proximity to friendly bases, well his radar detected me on surface at night and he closed in firing, forced me to dive as could not out run him. (Sadly, the real life Seawolf was lost to in similar circumstances in October 1944 off Morotai as well)

In the soon to be released V2.0 of the update mod, I have reworked friendly fire a bit, still somewhat rare overall , but always a possible threat, especially in early war. New construction in 1942 off East Coast while U boats are a problem, friendly fire is likely .
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote