View Single Post
Old 03-29-22, 08:37 PM   #716
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Nope no other mods. I know how to get in and out. In one entrance I even discover how deep you set the nets. That one only cost me 3% damage .

Honestly if you want to make it harder increase your patrols. I do not think there are enough of them considering the valuable targets there.

I would consider no less that three craft per patrol and have some stay at entrances . They didn't just cruise away in search of things in the harbor during the war. They stayed where they belonged at the deep water entrances. I would also increase the awareness of at least one in each three craft group. Sure some might be lacks in looking for submarines but there is always that one guy who prides himself on sinking your boat.

I would put at least three, three craft patrols around the islands at all times. This is going to make it a bit more realistic like it was during the war. Truk didn't have two boats sailing round and round there were multiple groups and like Bungo Suido there were some whose sole job was to stay at the entrance and guard it. I'd even have two going clockwise and one anticlockwise to throw off timing an entrance between patrols.

By the way my last run into Truk started during the day about 1700 on the surface. Someone took pot shots at me but only after I was already a good ways in and heading north east towards those valuable targets ... made my depth 58 feet. I came in the south entrance. No patrols sighted.

Noted. I figured it would be southern entrance, one of the the two more difficult to defend with nets and mines due to depth of channels. Narrow entrances though, and most of the big convoys and heavy units would use Piannu Pass (West entrance) due to the room to maneuver. In the sim, that pass is quite shallow though , but works fine for large ships.

Other question would be were you successful the first time you tried to get in, was this figured out after testing out over time? Were you killed and had to reload or so?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote