View Single Post
Old 02-18-22, 12:38 PM   #543
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
I've run into this a couple of times. The text "tga shape not found" just below the pointer is the warship. Not sure what tga file it is referencing.

Man your icebergs are giving me fits. I get a radar contact and then crash dive only to find out it is a fracking floating piece of ice.
Ahh, its for the "black dot" when zoom in, not idea which warship it was? I know of one, a aux patrol craft i.e. whalechaser converted to a patrol craft, which has been fixed in upcoming version. Only one I know of, most likely the one encountered given your area but will double check best I can.

lol yea icebergs will do that. I play without map contacts most of the time so all have to go on is radar scope and visual lol so have tracked a few icebergs, consider it great practice for the tracking party lmao.

Pain at times, but one of those immersion things that adds to the sim. Read in multiple patrol reports where they contacted iceberg on radar and tracked it down thinking had a ship lol. SJ or SD contacting or both? The large icebergs are tall enough the SD radar will detect them like a low flying aircraft lol
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote