Old 09-12-21, 03:36 PM   #189
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

12 April 1942
Batavia falls, Kaga & Junyo reappear near Solomons

Hawaii and CENTPAC
My two DMSs swept 95 mines from Christmas Island. At a price--the USS Eliot hit one. They're trying to patch it up at harbor before it sinks, it could go either way. The operation was aborted when the Eliot hit the mine, so there's still work to be done. Hopefully not too much more, I only brought the two sweepers.

At Pearl, his armies attacked and brought my forts down to Level 1, casualties 2580 to 1096 favoring us. We're also down to the end in terms of supply. The siege is now in its final phase.

Java and Sumatra
He's figured out most of my fighters have rebased from Batavia to Oosthaven, across the strait in Sumatra. Oscars swept the base and shot down a Hurricane. We got the better of a Zero sweep over Surabaya, downing 4 Zeroes with 2 P-40s lost. Enemy bombers focused on Batavia and Soerakarta. We got one Mary light bomber over Soerakarta but were otherwise ineffective. With help from the bombers, both of these bases were captured. About 8100 were killed or surrendered at Batavia, another 5305 at Soerakarta.

We attempted raids of our own at Tjpoe but ended up losing 2 DB-7 and 1 139W bombers to Oscars, plus a B-25 to flak. We caused some damage to port facilities, but didn't get any ships.

Thailand and Andaman Sea
My surface task force has been detected by enemy scouts. Maybe for the better--deterring him from intercepting my troop convoys is almost as good as sinking those that attempt it.

I sent my bombers back after his troops chasing down my northern forces. We ended up trading one Blenhiem for 3 Oscars--much better than days prior--and did some damage to the troops below. But, it wasn't enough to disrupt his land attack. We took heavy casualties, including an artillery unit completely wiped out; overall casualties were 630 to 1070 favoring them. And we didn't even retreat, so he might attack again tomorrow.

Solomons and New Hebrides
The enemy CVBG has reappeared near the Solomons, heading towards Luganville probably. It has a transport task force with it. So, they're either going to land engineers to build up Luganville (Guadalcanal is now a Level 5 airbase--big enough to operate B-29s if he had them, so the engineering units that accomplished that could be redeployed), or, they're going to remove the massive number of marines there that are no longer needed. (He had either 2 or 3 partial-strength marine units when I landed, that had ballooned to 6 marine units and fragments of another 3 by the end of the battle.)