View Single Post
Old 10-15-09, 02:09 PM   #95
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

I posted this at the SHIII main forum but anybody thinking of trying this mod should read this.

Well I just had an intense hour and a half long surface action Against

1 HMS Hood Battlecruiser
1 fleet carrier
1 HMS Rodney Battleship
1 HMS Nelson Battleship
2 light cruisers
7 destroyers

vs

1 Deutschland class pocket battleship

Got a contact report for a task force heading into the Irish sea. Must be going to lock ewe I thought so I hit the channel at flank speed for the intercept. I first spotted two destroyers closing fast. I held my fire until the range was 1,500 meters and then tore into the destroyers charging me and took out three in as many minutes! Just as the last one went under I spotted the task force on the horizon.

Keeping my speed up at 26 knots I engaged the carrier at 9,000 meters and scored several 4.5" gun hits on her. turning 90 degrees starboard I was then running parallel to the task force when I sighted the hood at 8,400 meters and engaged her. After zig zagging and landing several main gun hits with my 11"\280mm guns and a multitude of smaller gun hits his range was getting close so I zipped out of range and re-engaged the carrier at maximum range. The fat carrier was an easy broadside for my 11" guns who soon found their range and landed crippling blows along her waterline while again the 4.5" rained down on her.
She began listing to her starboard side so I kept shelling her all while dodging the Hood the Rodney and the Nelson's Guns.

A few more 11" gun hits tore into the side of the fleet carrier and she started to nose into the drink and I could see her start to go under! I knew the show was up so I again returned my fire on the Hood.

I had ended up crossing the T on the battle group as I passed then cut them off. And again destroyers were charging in and getting torn to pieces in my teeth. Brave chaps though one and all.

Several of the enemy's smaller guns started finding their mark on me so zig zagging the whole time I concentrated my fire on the HMS Hood who was in the lead and badly damaged by this point.

Just when my main guns again started to find their pattern around the Hood I run out of 11" shells!

I pepper him with 4.5" for a solid 20 minutes and although he looks like a wreck he continues on in his stubborn path knowing full well that my smaller fire couldn't breach his armored hulk and all the while lobbing his big shells back at me.

After yet again a damaging blow by the HMS hood and HMS Rodney's smaller guns I disengage the HMS Hood and swing around to the back quarter of the fleet and engage the two light cruisers.

at 6,500 meters my guns get their range as my 4.5's penetrate below their lightly armored waterlines and send them both to the bottom in a short running battle, but not before the Rodney and Nelson return fire and knock out my main pumps.

The Graf Spee was wounded and was looking a little beat up but she was not taking on water and still had top speed so I disengaged to the north and set course flank speed for Kiel.

Arriving to a hero's welcome and a Knight cross with oak leaves and diamonds and a grand cross!

The score total
1 fleet carrier sunk
7 destroyers sunk
2 light cruisers sunk
4 merchants sunk
and
1 HMS hood badly damaged.

For 1 Graf Spee with medium\light damage!

I love this MOD!
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote