View Single Post
Old 11-17-07, 07:18 AM   #32
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Even better protected than the M1A2 and the challenger 2 ?

Think so, but that is just me.
That could be the case, judging by the weight but the M1A2 has depleted uranium protection, I am wondering whether the "green" tanks can match this somehow.

I can faintly remember one friendly fire incident in iraq where a Challenger 2 was mistaken by some M1's with an enemy and got saboted a couple of times from different sides from a farily close range, till they understood that it's an allie. Non of the penetrators had made it past the armour. At least that is what I remember.

And the DM53 ? What, it can penetrate through 1000mm RHA from 3000 meters away ???

Quote:
Hmm, the 2A6 don't have an reenforced roof doesn't it ?

Think not, altough the turret has a redesign in armour.
Oh really ? Is there a source somewhere. All sources that I have read so far mention that it got this extra armour plates on the front but nothing about a turrer armour redesign.

Quote:
Every heared of the Leopard 2 PSO ?

Yes. special design for action inside urban areas.
This secondary weapon station is sexy and what I always wanted to have!

Quote:
Yes, but isn't the thermal imager installed right besides the scope in the peri ?

Don't know.
It certainly is integrated into the peri. How else is it supposed to be able to cover 360° ?

Here we go:
http://www.kotsch88.de/f_leopard2.htm#PERI
http://www.zeiss.com/C1257088004A3F3C/EmbedTitelIntern/53_0110_e_PERI_R17A2/$File/53_0110_e_PERI_R17A2.pdf

So why doesn't it turn with the peri in SBPE ? What did the devs say about it ?

Quote:
How is it now in SBPE ?

Units appear with variable time dealys for updates, to simulate the time radio comms take. It is a map dpeending on radio comms. It is not really a digital IVIS-kind of device.
At least something. I remember now in that one video the enemy units being displayed as tactical symbols, instead of single units. How is it when an enemy platton gets destroyed. Does it appear immediately as destroyed on the map as well or dies this need confirmantion as well ?

What type of tanks are there now on the german side ?

So I see here a Leo2A4 an 2A5 and a Leo1A4, or what is it ?

Are there any other variants ?

Also do you know the armour values that are being used for this tanks in SBPE ?

Quote:
you have so many detailed and special questions, I think it really is the time for you to move and get the sim. It's an investement for years to come.
Bah, don't tease me. I better watch it from the distance and keep working on my sim.

Last edited by Deamon; 11-17-07 at 07:30 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote