Thread: Base Time 2018
View Single Post
Old 01-25-19, 12:09 PM   #72
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Default Back to Base time.....

Throughout my testing, I have discovered that Pearl Harbor career starts use Midway Base time. That is 11 hours West of GMT (even in STOCK SH4.)

I had previously believed that Pearl Harbor career starts were 10 hours West of GMT and I could never quite reconcile the differences I was observing in Sunset, Moonset, Moonrise, Sunrise times while in different "time zones". It was because I used the 10 hours West of GMT (when based out of PH) in the Almanac instead of 11 hours West of GMT to determine my "local" SS, MS, MR, SR Base times adjusted to current Lat/Long. So, PH and Midway career starts both use the same 11 hours West of GMT.

It appears that Career starts in some mods that use Mare Island and San Diego are using Mare Island and San Diego Base time and not Midway.

My question is if anyone knows how the game assigns the Base time of the location of the career start, PH, Midway, Brisbane, Fremantle etc and whether or not it can be changed. How can I change the Pearl Harbor career start time to 10 hours West of GMT instead of 11 hours West of GMT.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".

Last edited by Front Runner; 01-25-19 at 05:36 PM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote