View Single Post
Old 02-05-13, 09:56 PM   #15
Randomizer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Yes, finally took the plunge on this myself, and just love it. I only hesitated because of the price, but once you start playing it and start designing ships and scenarios, your hooked. I'm a big war plan Red and Orange fan, and have already started designing ships for the 1920 or 30's time period and its great. Lots of potential and as you say still being developed. Maybe we should start a forum out here for dicussion of this little gem, if it would be ok with Neal!

Regards:
Captain Rockwell Torry
Fair disclosure, since I wrote the above posts I was invited to and subsequently joined the SAI Team at NWS so I do not anticipate posting any more on the Jutland forum here.

There are plans in the works to extend Steam and Iron into the post-WW1 era that will probably require new algorithms for gunnery, modelling of flushed-decked carriers, assorted air assets and no doubt other factors as well. Until then development of the Russo-Japanese War version is under way and the North Sea Campaigns' version should be released, hopefully in the not too distant future. Stay tuned for details at the NWS website.

Still the ability provided in SAI to create your own warship designs is a nice bonus and having the entire world for your potential battle space doesn't hurt either.

Have fun with it.