View Single Post
Old 03-01-21, 10:48 AM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
What the heck is going on, I have the crew at general quarters, the repair icon is lit, no one is sleeping and still nothing gets repaired. Usually I save the game and restart and they finally start working on stuff. Not working now.
As mikesn9 states, repair depends where the damage is and how severely it is damaged.

so, let's take Location first. if you damage is to a piece of equipment that is topside, only certain repairs can be made while you are submerged. for example, some periscope damage can be fully repaired while submerged while some damage cannot be repaired until you are topside. the designers at UBI created a DC list that does NOT include all of the equipment that CAN be damaged. i personally have experienced damage to my torpedo tubes and, according to the DC list, they were fully repaired and showed a ready-to-use status. however, i could NOT use them because there was some unknown part that was damaged and COULD NOT BE REPAIRED while underway. we had to return to our home base and end the patrol in order to repair the tubes for use.

now, let's discuss severity. as i hinted at above, some damage to equipment cannot be repaired while underway. in fact, some damage cannot be repaired even if you stop at a repair base. let us ignore that example for the moment. on the topic of Hull Damage, you cannot repair Hull Damage while underway.
when you have damage to equipment listed in the DC screen, the amount of damage is available to you by hovering your mouse over the right side of the equipment status bar. it will show a decimal number or the number 1. if it shows a one, you are #ucked, as the damage cannot be repaired until you return to your home base. the decimal indicates what percentage of the equipment is damaged. so, one equals destroyed, point one would mean that it is 10% damaged. as time passes, your repair crews will make repairs and you should see that number decrease until the equipment is repaired.

i am going to leave it there for the moment as i have to return to my job and i am also sure that you need time to digest the material in the previous two paragraphs and undoubtedly will have additional questions.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote