View Single Post
Old 07-21-19, 01:14 PM   #8359
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
Assuming you have the free camera enabled, go look and see if you actually have a rudder. I've had mine blown off a few times now. No red damage label for that one. So it can take you by surprise. Had to abandon a couple of careers due to that happening. Once, however, I scored what I consider a partial success. Unable to steer my choice was forward to Tokyo or reverse to the northern coast of New Guinea. I chose New Guinea and even sunk a Japanese merchant with the deck gun on the way there. Arrived New Guinea and scuttled the boat just off shore. From there it would have been a six month wait in the jungle for my crew until that piece of land was taken away from the Japanese. So I considered that a win in that my crew made landfall and did not end up in a watery grave. It would be nice to have separate control over port and starboard propeller speed. That should make the boat somewhat steerable. I think this would have been possible in real life.
The no indicator rudder damage has happened to me in several past mods. Nothing you can do. It seems impossible to to mod separate shaft controls so you better hope you have a fairly recent save.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote