Thread: [REL] Re: GWR 2020
View Single Post
Old 10-13-20, 05:34 PM   #43
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: GWR...

At this point, have set aside attempting to add this to the virgin copy I have of SH3... My reasoning is.. understanding the correct order of doing so, is an unclear, convoluted jumble.

The original GWX, was done so, in a clear concise manner.. in that it was simplified, you clicked on the install .exe for it & away it went. LSH3, was in the same format, as GWX. CCoM users, were given a clear concise road map of install order & what to do if issues arose in installing it. (that I recall of.. to be frank, it has been some time since I used CCoM, so My recall with it may be a bit rusty...). WAC, was like CCoM, as well. NYGM, I ran into issues with understanding what to do to get that installed, to the point I just stopped even trying.

That said.. I do want to give this a fair shake.. but at this point, am just stymied as to getting everything lined up for proper install...

Am wondering, if it is possible to have the GWR, set up in a format to allow for it to update a GWX install... or to have the install do as GWX did, start an .exe command that does the install for you.. Yes, I do have some experience with file editing.. but only to a point.. beyond that, I don't feel comfortable poking around with file editing...

I really do want to give this a try, but.. as I said.. am not understanding just how to get it working...

M. M.