View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 05:51 AM   #50
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
I watched Wolfpack345's YouTube video: Cold Waters || 1990 Campaign || Episode Four - Missile Strike at Murmansk, in which he fired the TLAMs at a nearby red circle. This was probably v1 of your 1990 Campaign.

Keep in mind that I've completed, without credit, Missile Strike at Murmansk three times so far and I'm ordered back again. Yes, I'm firing 8 gray & white TLAMs to the south aimed at the 2 ports. Note, I do not see any red circles, I'm not within any circles and I'm not firing TLAMs at any circles.

Question, when my little blue sub comes close to Murmansk, the mission always starts with a sonar contact. I eliminate the threat and proceed toward Murmansk to fire TLAMs. Is this the correct beginning to the Strike Mission? On one mission, per Jive Turkeys suggestion, I made sure I was within 100nm of the ports.

I'm considering a couple of options until I hear back from you. (1) I'll try to locate and install your v2 to try. (2) I noticed in your Campaign directory there are TLAM strikes for two locations and about 4 or 5 TLAM missions listed. Is it possible, without problems, to delete the TLAM locations and missions from the Campaign directory in your v3 and then replay v3 1990 Campaign from the beginning and thus completely bypass all TLAM missions?

Would it be possible that when you fail to complete a mission, you're assigned a totally new mission? Are your mission assignments random or are they always assigned and completed in order from A to Z until the end?

Is it possible to produce a Free Roaming version of your 1990 Campaign. I believe there was one for the stock 1984 Campaign that ended with an Insertion Mission. I believe I read that it no longer works with Cold Waters v1.15g

Let me know what you find. Give me some ideas & options to try. Your 1990 Campaign is just TOO GOOD for me not to find away around this problem.
Never played this mod, but I've heard similar complaints in EM. In that cases players was intercepted by ASW patrols near target location. When you intercepted like this you're spawn in a mission area but this is NOT a mission. You can hit "Escape" and check if you actually have "Misiilie strike: 0/X" requirement. If not - do NOT fire your missilies, this will not count.
Dunno if it is your situation, but it could be...
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote