View Single Post
Old 07-07-20, 09:26 PM   #48
GSmith63
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojok69 View Post
Sorry, I missed this reply. I was hunting submarines, though I can't remember the exact mission brief description.
Thanks MrMojok. I think I know what this issue is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Silent Hunter 3 & 4 since 2005. Have watched Cold Waters video on YouTube for the last 2 years. Recently installed game and added the 1990 Campaign (v3 I believe) which is fantastic compared to stock.

Regarding TLAM Strike; it seems to be different than the stock versions that requires shooting 8 TLAMs at a small circle or small square?

Completed several patrols & missions and I've now been sent to Murmansk twice. I've fired 8 TLAMs on each mission towards the ports to the south and received no credit or completions so far. On the second attempt, I made sure I was within 100nm (2 kmeters) of the ports based on a tip from YouTube. Followed one TLAM in as it made land, began circling like it was looking for its target and then it hit an area on land but this didn't look like a target area to me.

I've rearmed and have again been ordered back to Murmansk for another TLAM strike. Is there something I'm missing or not doing in order to get credit for this mission? Does the aiming line and end point need to be placed directly on the port symbol?

This is beginning to feel like the movie Ground Hog Day and I'm stuck repeating this mission over & over. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Conducted TLAM strike again. Aiming point was to the south over the ports and outside of the red boundary marker. Followed two TLAMs into an industrial area after a rather long flight. First one hit between two buildings. Second one flew within this industrial area without stopping and never hit a thing, nor the ground.

Sub returned to port without any credit for mission and was reassigned the TLAM strike at Murmansk for a 4th straight time. I can't get past this mission, all I can do is free roam around the map but will not earn any credit I guess? I'm stuck.

Is it possible to remove the TLAM strike out of your 1990 mod? If so, how can I do it?

GSmith, please let me know.

Yes von Zelda, you should be firing your TLAMs to the south, preferably while your sub is inside the circle. I didn't change anything on the Land Strike missions between v2 and v3, at least not on purpose! I'll have to check on this one further. The Groundhog Day part is explainable - Because the player might have to return to port and load TLAMS first, you have between 14 and 20 days to complete the mission. So if you have not run out of time, the campaign engine will keep sending you back if it thinks you did not succeed the first time.

So I need to figure out why the campaign thinks you haven't fulfilled the mission goals. Question - Are you sure that you were firing all TLAMs, and not a mix of TLAMs and TASMs (the anti-ship version)? The TLAMs are gray and white, while the TASMs are all white.
GSmith63 is offline   Reply With Quote