View Single Post
Old 12-28-14, 01:30 PM   #1
depthtok33l
Sparky

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Silent Hunter 4 Has Stopped Working

I've been having this problem since last night.

So what happened was, I was in an S-class boat, off to Singapore to do some raiding but then a task force consisting of two Takao Heavy Cruisers appeared on my tail. They were heading on the same course as I am. So I planned my attack, waited for them then boom, managed to sink one.

So the one I sunk has completely turned up side down but still not floating, the other one zigzagging. While still underwater, other ship sinking and other zigzagging (really close to me) I saved my progress and quit the game because I had to do something real quick. When I got back to it a few minutes later, the dreaded 'Silent Hunter 4 Has Stopped Working' has appeared.

I have attempted a few things:
  • Restarting the computer
  • Large Address Aware
  • Loading a different save (which actually works) then re-loading the saved progress (it crashes immediately).
  • Lowering my graphics settings. This one actually worked so I was relieved, I saved it again but by this time it was getting late so after saving, I quit the game. Went to bed, tried loading it again and here I am making this post desperate for help.

Silent Hunter 4 + U-Boat Missions
Do have a few mods installed:
  • TMO
  • RSRDC
  • OTC
  • Traveller
  • ISE

I had encountered this problem before, I was somewhere in the Marshall Islands raiding a port same scenario, quit the game while underwater with burning ships around me but managed to fix it by using LAA.

No worries about my computer specs, it can run high-end games, max settings at frame rates > 60 fps. Latest drivers installed etc etc etc.
depthtok33l is offline   Reply With Quote