Thread: OM vs GWX
View Single Post
Old 06-25-10, 03:11 PM   #4
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

In the last OM version there is lack of compatibility with RFB and TMO supermods. For people who wanna play both sides at the same time without switching supermods with JSGME it can be some drawback because enabling/disabling OM+OMEGU mods take a lot of time.

You should also read first lurker's post in OM and OMEGU threads. He summarized there both mods limitations. There are four most important of them:

- mission tasks are often badly linked to Kriegsmarine's grid map

- C02 still raises during snorkel operation

- Elektrobots' range/speed performance is wrong

- you cannot close to major US/UK harbors during campaign game-play due to CTD

One may like or not Karamazov's targeting system mod (similar to OLC GUI) included in OMEGU but it is impossible to disable it without disabling entire OMEGU mod.

On the other hand SH3 is simply an older game - graphics is much worse, loading times with GWX and other badly needed mods are awfully long, 16:10 wide-screen support does not exist at the time. I installed SH3+GWX3 a few days ago to have a look at both but I honesty think SH4 is much better so I uninstalled SH3 completely. As for now I think SH4/UBM+OM+OMEGU is the only choice for virtual U-boat skipper. Let's wait for modders to improve SH5 somewhat or their possible return to GWX4 idea...

Last edited by Gorshkov; 06-25-10 at 03:53 PM.