Old 10-30-20, 07:06 AM   #21
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldR View Post
Looks great. It looks like Testpilot's flag (comig with CCoM supermod).
My critics:
1. Your model is maybe a bit too much detailed (unnecessary triangles).
2. It looks like it was made of very thin and delicate textile.
3. The flag is waving as if there was a huge and constant wind. Would it be possible to create an animated flag which is waving in a less strong and not constant wind?
4. Could you provide the flag in 4 different sizes (maybe with a slightly different animation)?
I've downloaded "GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010", but that's not the correct mod.
I have many different flag animations on my computer. All these tests were done in 2010. Now I checked them out in 3ds Max 2020 and wanted to get your opinion. I am sure these animations are different from others, as it is impossible to create the equal animations.
1), 2)
The size of the flag in 3dsMax is 100x60 cm. In the animation shown, the Virtual Scale is 4:1. Below I show the animation of this flag with the same settings, but the Virtual Scale is 1:1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0r4ixi...Scale.mp4/file
3)
Everybody can do everything. But...
I planned to make 3 animations of different intensities, depending on the status of the submarine and it speed (commands). You can use this animation at high speed! But I cannot guarantee that I will do the job.
4) I animate only the flags of German submarines ... with an aspect ratio of 5:3 (German Navy Standard).
Are you sure, that GWX_DFa-Flag & Pens_2010 is the wrong mod?
In this case, you don't need to use it.
P.S.
This mod has been used many times and was adapted to other mods too... this mod uses flags from my other mod: SH4StyleFlags ... and, (if it was applied correctly), no problems were observed.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 11-25-20 at 03:34 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote