View Single Post
Old 09-22-10, 11:16 PM   #175
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Hi h.sie,

After a lot of tests using your mod and also after a lot of time being depth charged on the U505 mission using both just vanilla game and my slight modded one I started to see, sometimes, my boat going deep and deep even without more flooding inside...it didnīt goes up anymore even using blow ballast or force engines full. It was like an invisible flooding putting my uboat more and more deep...It only happened on my slight modded installation.
Also in others very rare situations my external uboat view (underwater)just showed nothing and the cameras becomes strange (again after suffer heavy depth charge hits)

Trying to find the culprit I finally isolated that old very good mod: Uboat Keel (the one that allow you to stay on the sea floor making repairs without being damaged by the sea floor "collision").

At firtst I could not determine if itīs yours changes on repair time that are making the Uboat_keel mod to have an strange behaviour (perhaps something to do with repair times - itīs a zone compartment in the end) or if this uboat _keel mod is the unique culprit, e.g., it always could have this behaviour but itīs is just too difficult to observe - you need to achieve damage in the kell by depth charges to see this behaviour...

Later i tryed the below modifications on the uboat_keel definitions on zones.cfg and it solve both problems (deep blues and external view disappearing):

The original Uboat_keel zones.cfg definitions:

[UboatKeel]
Multiplier=1.000000
Flotability=0.000000
HitPoints=99999
Destructible=No
Armor Level=99
;Critic Flotation=0.300000
Critical=No
FloodingTime=9999
CargoType=None

Just change for this one:

[UboatKeel]
Multiplier=1.000000
Flotability=0.000000
HitPoints=999999
Destructible=No
Armor Level=9999
Critic Flotation=0.9999999
Critical=No
FloodingTime=99999
CargoType=None

As this solve the problem is clear to me (but not absolutelly sure yet) that itīs an inherent uboat_keel mod problem, its virtual compartiment was suffering small damage when heavily depth charged and probably the parameters arenīt enough well adjusted for this hard situation, bring some invisible flooding and later bring cameras problems when it was "totally" flooded...

Hopes this could help someone more that is also running both mods!

Cheers,

Rubini.