View Single Post
Old 07-08-19, 02:20 PM   #7
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Decoys also help when evading, if they're not active long enough try this mod;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5186

Stern to the enemy, all ahead flank, launch decoy, etc. Sometimes I get really close, fire bow tubes, launch decoy, ahead flank straight ahead to cross under the convoy to the other side before slowing down and going quiet. I never use the pencil for anything else, so I generally (1) launch decoy (2) switch to chart (3) zoom in and mark X at the tail of my sub so I know where each decoy is, and how much separation I have when I slow down.

As for hanging out in the 'hood, I got tired of waiting two days near the star for the mission complete message on the "patrol (area)" missions, so I edited all the \Data\Campaigns\Campaign\PatrolObjectives\ files;

[Objective 1]
ObjName=Patrol Bismark Sea 01_Objective1
Obj=7
ObjType=0
RenownAwarded=200
AreaName=Patrol Bismark Sea 01_Zone1
AreaType=0
Presence=0
Time=2880.000000

The time is in minutes (60 X 24 = 1440 minutes in a day, so 2880 = 48 hours = 2 days) so change that to Time=60.000000 and you don't have to hang around.

Also note renown for completing the mission, 200 points? That's why I started ignoring all missions when playing a career, if the objectives were more important than sinking ships then the renown awarded ratio would reflect that.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote