View Single Post
Old 12-16-05, 01:29 PM   #13
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Name: George R., aka. Georgiy Andreevich K.

About me:

-BA Linguistics and Applied Language studies. Will be an MA student as of fall.

-born in Leningrad, USSR, 10/04/1984, to a family of a librarian and a musician (lower-class intellegentsia represent :P ). We were and are dirt-poor, and that doesn't take away from my enjoyment of life. Older of two children, although I had a cousin who lived with us and became like a sister to me.

-learned to read by age 2, could do relatively complicated math in my head before age 6; but due to a psychologist classifying me as 'lacking aptitude for languages', placed in a "slow" class at school. They later realized the mistake when I became the school's best student in German. For over 3 years, I sat in the back of the class picking my nose and sneering at the teacher. This developed my disregard and distrust in authority, and as I grew up, I would become increasingly vocal in this, frequently clashing with my teachers and superiors. I became a sort of political issue at my school, and despite some teachers' utter hatred for me - one of its top 3 students.

-left Russia and moved to Canada at age 14, due to parents' problems with finding work, and also due to growing concerns over my impending conscript service in the Russian army. Never took any English as Second Language classes and became fully proficient in English within a year.

-started developing my interest in simulations and military history, in part to aid my study of language (although I had the interests before). By age 15, I was a certified flight sim nut.

-settled down and lost (most of) my arrogant attitude, lost interest in technical subjects and became more interested in the study of language. Enrolled in a linguistics program at university.

-moved to Ottawa area in mid-2004. Now studying at Carleton University while living on the Quebec side of the river (Aylmer).

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote