View Single Post
Old 02-12-20, 07:47 PM   #22
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaileyatd View Post
I don't think there has ever been a more misunderstood subsim than Wolfpack... but I think the premise and uniqueness of this sim goes way over some people's heads sometimes... This is not at it's heart a single player game, and so the whims of individual players must not -necessarily- be indulged at every turn or you risk ruining what makes Wolfpack so special in the first place.
I don't play Wolfpack. I don't want to play Wolfpack. So why am I responding to this line of commentary? I remember years of players complaining that Silent Hunter (any of them) doesn't have a multiplayer component. Several members tried to get me involved, and I had to explain that - except for the possible case of combat flight sims - multiplayer just doesn't appeal to me.

All that said, I can understand why so many like it and pushed for a game like that. They pushed, and got what they wanted. And now that there is a multiplayer sub sim available, people are complaining that multiplayer isn't enough. They want single player elements too. I just don't get it.