View Single Post
Old 11-20-19, 05:20 PM   #20
Kermit the Frog
Seaman

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 0

Ok Here's what i have:

Tutorial,
we'll start out with a basic setup. High/low pass rotated to the right, gain at about 1-2.

We hear a contacts, but they're very "wide", it's almost impossible to give a precise bearing.

1. slowly raise "gain" level. At some point your contact rapidly becomes louder. Stop immediately.

hight pass - will help us to isolate engine/screw sound
low pass - will help to isolate asdic source.

(i am not sure if it shall work like that but it's how it works right now).

Rotate "High pass" a littlebit to the left - 2 points will do.

4. now check your contact how it "behaves" if you're rotating from side to side it shall sound like this "thumbthumbthumbthumb - HRKSZRKSZ - thumbthumbthumbthumb" you shall have an area where your contact sounds like very loud, broken radio.

5. Turn "high pass" more to the left and adjust "gain" accordingly: if you can't hear "broken radio" type of noise right in the middle, add some more "Gain" lvel and scan again. if "broken radio" is to wide - lower "gain" level.

6. Now you narrowed you contact to 2-3 deg. Bravo! You have precise bearing. ( in tutorial i reached precise bearing for "High pass " set about 12-14)

7. if your contact suddenly stops making "broken radio" type of noises it means that he's moving away, and you have just discovered it. Report to the commander! contact, bearing XX, moving Away. A "Gain" level will give you quite good info about how far is your contact, and if he's moving away, or getting closer.

Good luck!

Last edited by Kermit the Frog; 11-20-19 at 05:31 PM.
Kermit the Frog is offline   Reply With Quote