View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 07:46 PM   #1
Lonny007
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 982
Uploads: 0
Default Cold Waters is a MASTERPIECE! Cold Waters with DotMod is a PERFECTED MASTERPIECE!!!

THANK YOU Killerfish for Cold Waters and THANK YOU DOTMOD MAKERS for taking this MASTERPIECE and PERFECTING it even more! I am 52 and have been playing computer games before Aces of the Deep! Cold Waters is the Submarine naval warfare game that I have always wanted! The way the game is made there is always intense action going on not much time for boredom! Different types of enemies with different types of very dangerous offensive capability's make for the greatest submarine naval warfare that I have ever experienced in a submarine game. There is a lot of randomness to the way things unfold with this nail-biting submarine simulation naval warfare game. So many different levels of challenging gameplay, you can easily edit the campaigns to make them easier or harder, (I like to add the chance to encounter more Udaloys and enemy air power in most all of the different types of missions in the campaigns) also the submarine you pick to command and the era will determine the difficulty too!

Unfortunately 688i, Sub Command and Dangerous Waters just did not do it for me. Also I love World War 2 Submarines, but to be honest in my opinion the warfare of that era is NOWHERE near as exciting as the more modern era of submarine warfare in COLD WATERS.

I just recently fired up the DOTMOD = and to my pleasant surprise this is "THE REAL PERFECTION MOD!!!" I have always wanted the towed array to be done in a more realistic way, to be able to deploy the towed array and retract it and see the towed array. Also now with DOTMOD I can truly sneak in behind a enemy submarines baffles and take him out with a passive torpedo without the submarine be alerted when the torpedo goes into passive tracking mode. That was the only problem that truly annoyed me about the original game. Just with these few fixes DOTMOD ANSWERED ALL OF MY WISHES For My Favorite Submarine Naval Warfare game of ALL TIME = COLD WATERS with DOTMOD! It looks like DOTMOD has made the A.I. even better and added a whole world full of addons and improvements to the overall game and campaigns too!

COLD WATERS AND DOTMOD IS A BRILLANT MASTERPIECE!!! Beautiful Graphics and Special Effects and Excellent Cat and mouse submarine naval warfare make this My BEST Submarine Naval Warfare Game Of ALL TIME! If you have not played this game yet you need to give it a try, you need to learn how to maneuver your sub manually with the keyboard to survive in this game.

THANK YOU KILLERFISH and DOTMOD!!!

With this Game and Steel Beast Pro and several fantastic military shooters I am set for life. Also I will say that for World War 2 Submarines as much as I wanted Silent Hunter 3 and the many major mods to do it for me, unfortunately they did not for many reasons. I was pleasantly surprised with the U Boat Dark Waters mod for Silent Hunter 4, that gave me the Best U Boat experience attacking a convoy that I have ever experienced. But like I said before to me the submarine warfare in COLD WATERS with DOTMOD is so much more EXCITING to me you can do so much more effective evasive tactics to try and get away and survive your enemy then you can in a slow world war 2 submarine. If you have not played this game yet you need to give it a try, you need to learn how to maneuver your sub manually with the keyboard to survive in this game.
Lonny007 is offline   Reply With Quote