View Single Post
Old 02-24-21, 09:36 PM   #6463
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Thanks Gorpet for the update Do you think there is a trend with infections going down at last?

re Jim: "Eu threats exposed"?

The bigmouthed headline in typical Express fashion is a bit misleading. For what i read the one corporate body being held accountable should be Astra-Zeneca, and then the UK. Astra-Z. did not act in "best reasonable effort", it prefers the UK, and its boss Soirot even lied about this "first come first served" since the deal with the EU was signed before the one with the UK.
As just of all the publishing of the treaties mentioned in the "Express" has shown. How embarrassing.

So one vaccine is being developed in Germany, by a turkish immigrant, it is being tested, and while those tests have not been concluded for children and elderly people, Johnson decides to use the vaccine beforehand. He is lucky since it works, nobody dies and it is HIS PERSONAL VICTORY. Laughable.

Then scientists in Oxford develop another vector-based vaccine, and while there are treaties the company tries to withhold it from the EU, preferring the UK. Nationalist reasons? Money? Whatever, not an act in good faith.

The US company Pfizer jumps the train and becomes a "partner" of german BioNTech Pfizer, meaning it becomes the distributor. So the Germany-produced vaccine is sent deep-frozen to the US, being filled in flasks, and is being shipped back to Germany, deep-frozen. Makes so much sense. Or at least parts of it are sent back, because uh you know, USA. Remember the mask thing, anyone?

I had no problem with all that at first, itis a pandemic, all have to work together, maybe a bit of nationalism is ok and can be expected when England needs some positive news in its brexit shambles.
But when this whole boondoggle unfolded, i do now think the EU was expecting a bit too much when it comes to equal distribution and fairness, from its friends and allies.

Skybird is right, the EU is much too lenient, it expects equality and international co-operation, but it seems not all see it that way to put it mildly.
re the title "... exposes EU threats", wouldn't it be nice if the EU actually did that, for a change. This nationalism and perceived exceptionalism of some stinks to the high heavens.
Catfish, I can't answer your question about a trend. All we get is what the local news station will give us . Local news weather and sports. Florida has 67 independent county,s We do not know what the rates are in the 5 counties that border Orange County my county.Our state health care system is ran from the Capitol which is in Tallahassee." try spelling that just 1 time" somewhere in the the north western part of the state.We do not know the faceless workers in the "Bureau" of Health that will decided who will be next. So now we have Anarchy cause every chicken leg in our melting pot wants their reward for their vote. Here every frontline worker From Politician to the library worker want's their families jabed to and the hell with everybody else.

Now i'm married have been for 20 + years .And most folks have a few years plus or minus in our ages.My wife has got her 2 jabs.In America showing a marriage license and id so we can both get the jab at the same time. Verboten .
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote