View Single Post
Old 07-03-23, 09:23 AM   #4080
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

I well and truly appreciate the sentiments, gentlemen. I know there are a good number of animal lovers here. we have had conversations in the forums and of course, the many threads and posts on good animal stories and funny animal picture threads. We have always had dogs as well but with odd hours and travel, It would have been unfair to have a dog, under the circumstances. It hurt losing them as well. Friends that are close by also have horses and I'm very attached to them as well. I'm sure like many of you, our animals are family, not pets.

@ Catfish. I thought of Max and your family when we lost Tommy as you had mentioned him. I know it was a huge loss to you and your wife. Deepest sympathies to you both on your loss. I know how tough it can be.

@Markus. I hope you enjoy many more years with your four legged friend. I know your pets are family too. She is lucky to have you.

@ Eichhörnchen. You had mentioned pets before. I well remember, The pictures you painted with the cats and cows too. Your Spitfire and Me-262 and military paintings are awesome. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I enjoy your nature pictures just as much, in these uncertain times.

@ Aktung. Enjoy Ms P and your others as I know you and the missus already do. Our other cats prefer my lady over me, I think. I'm their second " bestest " person they know but I'm still on the bottom of the list.

@ Jim. As always, thank you my friend. I well and truly appreciate it.

We have two cats left. They are brother and sister and had severe issues when we got them. I strongly suspect they had both been abused in some way when they were kittens. They were 6 months old when we got them. The big male had severe separation issues and the female was nasty and would bite. They miss Tommy and keep looking for him.

Using Ivan Pavlov's work in Psychology and conditioned responses as the basis for reprogramming them, I was able to straighten out the both of them, but it took years. The female is the nicest cat now as is the male and they are both happy and well adjusted. Both practically live out in the sun room in the warm summers months and want to go out in the winter too, which we don't allow.

I hope everyone here that has furry friends have many more enjoyable years with them.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote