View Single Post
Old 10-03-19, 05:11 PM   #14
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Actually I gotta side with the OP on this, since the beginning of the internet I've been irritated by the "two cents worth" crowd on flightsim, trainsim, FPS and RPG forums. Ask a technical question, get a dozen responses in the first hour, mostly saying why you shouldn't want to do what you're trying to do. Two or three will be rabid foaming fanatics screaming about how you should play the game properly. One 10 year old girl on a train simulator forum was sent away in tears when she asked how to repaint a locomotive in a pink Barbie theme, and instead of a simple answer she got screamed at by a bunch of grown men who should have known better. I was a moderator on that forum, got an earful from her mother, had to hand out a bunch of infractions, and the webmaster was severely pissed.

ATFQ or STFU, if you don't know the answer or have a suggestion on how to find it, don't clutter the thread with irrelevant opinions. On to the answer to the question that was asked;

As KaleunMarco said, \Data\UPCData\UPCUnitsData\Ammunition.UPC is one file;

[Ammunition 10]
ID=Mk16Torpedo
NameDisplayable= Mark 16 Torpedo
Type= AmmoTorpedo
Subtype=Mk16TorpUS
AmmunitionIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, 0
AmmunitionIntervalOptions1= 1945-01-01, 1975-01-01, 400
Volume= 1
PackSize=1

Change that line to read;

AmmunitionIntervalOptions1= 1941-01-01, 1975-01-01, 0

That will give a Mark 16 at the start with zero renown required.

Next, to change the default loadout, using the Porpoise as an example;

\Data\Submarine\NSS_Porpoise\NSS_Porpoise.upc

EDIT, REPLACE

Mk14Torpedo

REPLACE WITH

Mk18Torpedo

REPLACE ALL, save and exit. For the S class replace Mark 10 with Mark 18, whatever sub you normally drive you can change the default loadout to whatever you want. Realistically the tubes in the S class weren't long enough for the bigger torpedoes, but since the game will accept it we're not concerned with realism here, just the technical procedures to make it do what we want it to do.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote