View Single Post
Old 01-09-20, 01:00 PM   #3
Fidd
XO

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Good to hear, but I see no virtue in having features "forced" if the possibility exists of it remaining a configurable setting. It just removes choices and makes the mod less widely appealing. There's lots of features I like in there, but almost as much that I don't. What we really need is a system by which settings of a game can be seen before joining the lobby, and universal changes to the game, so that all are playing on the same field/ I presume this mod would preclude players not operating the mod from joining a game that does use it. I would suggest that we do not have the critical mass of existing and new players that would permit the game's players being separated into two immiscible groups.

I may have read too much into this, but I think the game needs to be much more matured and complete before modding occurs...

That said, I applaud your abilities, and overall like the changes you are making as regards reload times, time to clear the bridge, end of periscope stabilisation. As someone who plays at atypical hours, when crews are hard to come by, the loss of bots would be a deal-breaker for me. A far better bot solution would be for the captain to be able to select which bots he wanted, imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
We’re doing it in Wolfpack BdU! Granted, we are focusing on low-hanging fruit at this point due to the fact the code is ever changing, but thus far we’ve got the following:

1. Torpedoes can now be duds, prematurely detonate and have the chance of losing guidance all with historical figures by day/month/year.
2. Torpedo ranges are now historically accurate.
3. Reload times are now in-between 10-20 minutes PER tube, sequentially.
4. Climbing down from the bridge is significantly faster (75% in fact) now. This is to simulate getting down the hatch very quickly in the case of a crash dive.
5. Attack periscope & observation periscope no longer have stabilization.
6. Binoculars may now be used in the sub. Note that this removes the "focus" feature implemented previously.
7. Friendly fire is now forced on.
8. Bots & Quick Encounter are forced off.
9. Dud and premature torpedo counter on end screen.
Fidd is offline   Reply With Quote